You may remember a few months ago I reviewed the SOLE active medium footbeds. I was pretty impressed with them, so when they got in touch asking if I would like to review the sport medium variety I jumped at the chance.
The SOLE sport medium footbeds offer immediate step-in comfort with 1.6mm of cushioning and are engineered to enhance the athletic performance of footwear. They are designed to work with the biodynamics of the body by keeping it in a neutral balanced position and evenly distributing pressure to reduce foot fatigue. They also have Polygiene® odour control technology so no need to worry about stinky feet!
What are the benefits of the Sport Medium footbed?
- Increased arch flexibility
- Provides cushioned support
- Reduces plantar fascia strain
- Improves balance
- Promotes natural foot alignment
- Distributes weight and pressure equally
The same concept as before – you simply take out the insole in your shoes and replace with the SOLE footbed. It’s as simple as that.
In order to give you an honest review, I’ve been testing these out for the last few weeks.
Here’s how I got on.
First, you need to fit your footbed in your running shoes. I was sent the Small which fit a UK size 5.5-7. If you need to trim the footbed use your old insole as a guide. (Only trim around the toe area). You then have TWO molding methods.
- WEAR MOLD: Simply remove the factory soles from your shoes and pop the footbed in. Wear them as you would normally and the footbeds will mold to your feet after a few days.
- HEAT MOLD: Heat molding will provide the highest level of customization in the shortest amount of time. Set your over to 200 degrees. Place the footbeds on a baking tray and leave in the oven for 2 minutes until the Opti-therm indicator on the bottom turns black.
Remove from the oven and place them in your trainers and step into your shoes right away. Lace-up as usual and stand on them for 2 minutes.
Now to run in them.
Ignore my dirty trainers, I wore them to run up the White Horse, in Kilburn. I like to give things a proper test! They’re comfortable and my feet felt well-supported so no complaints at all.
Like new trainers, there is a three day breaking in period, I’d recommend increasing the time you wear them each time as at first, they do feel a little bulky.
I don’t personally suffer from plantas fascia strain so I cannot comment on how effective they are for that – however SOLE offer a 90 day comfort guarantee so there really is no reason not to give them a try.
For more information visit the SOLE website here
*I was sent this pair of SOLE footbeds for free in return for an honest review.
I did not receive any payment and as always, all opinions and photographs are my own.