The Virgin London Marathon ballot was drawn this week. As predicted it was a no for me – I really wish I had the same luck predicting lottery numbers.
A record 386,050 people applied this year for the 17,000 (ish) places which made it a 1 in 23 chance of being accepted. If, like me, you were unsuccessful in gaining a ballot place please don’t be disheartened, there are plenty of other races that are just as good.
Here are a few other spring marathons to choose from.
- Manchester Marathon – 8 April
- Paris Marathon – 8 April
- Brighton Marathon – 15 April
- Blackpool Marathon – 22 April
- Stirling Scottish Marathon – 29 April
- Wales, Newport Marathon – 29 April
- Milton Keynes Marathon – 7 May
A marathon is the same distance (26.2 miles) regardless of location and you are just as awesome for finishing.
As gutted as I am, it clearly wasn’t meant to be. I will continue to enter the ballot and hopefully, I will get a place before I’m 40. Actually – you’d better make that 50!